I saw the idea in a Japanese book of tatting. The corner in contrasting color at least, but the one in the photo had some tatting over the corner. I didn't really like the design and made up one of my own and continued with an edging. I ran out of thread on the shuttles before the edging was done and I still couldn't decide what to do with it. At the moment, I can't find it. One of my kitties was having a seizure and I was pushing and shoving things out of the way as she was caught between a box and my chair. She's fine but I have no clue where that piece ended up.
I had already changed gears yesterday and threaded a bunch of shuttle endings in the corner. I was actually going to do a needlelace buttonhole lace on the outside edge and quickly decided I didn't like that. I've got thread wound to tat an edging but after kitty katastrophe, I decided to knit instead.
Anyway, this was an experiment, a spur of the moment whim. On the print, there is a basket of something which now looks upside down because of the corner that I put the red in. Should have thought more about placement. Also, by the time I threaded in all the little ring-blossoms, that corner tended to flatten out. I need to do whatever embellishment I'm doing before I stitch and stuff.
But I still like the idea and I even like this little pincushion and will probably keep it just the way it is!