Thursday, November 04, 2010

Whoo Hoo! I have to say I like it! This is tatted in size 40 Lizbeth Mountain Breeze(?), I think. It took longer than I expected but it's really not hard, just a little slow since you have to make sure the loops are all the same height and picking out the back stitch to join to on the clusters was a little fiddly. I could see it but I couldn't always grab it easily.


This one isn't completed because I was trying to get to bed on time! Didn't but it wasn't too late. It's tatted in Cebelia size 30. The scanner kind of smooshes down the cluster but I do think they are quite interesting. I'll finish the last round later. Bina states you can use these clusters in any picot space.

I didn't see it on Bina's site and since it's in the I.O.L.I. publication, I can't pass the pattern on, before you ask.

If I have time tonight, maybe I'll try using two separate colors. It has split rings though and then I'd have to do the SSSR to keep the colors where I want them. I probably won't in that case. Some things are just too fiddly for my patience meter. Especially when I have to do it SIX times.

6 comments:

  1. very nice beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am duly impressed!(even thought the thought of crochet and tatting STILL makes me uncomfortable) They are really lovely, Gina.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is pretty exciting! Lots of possibilities here.

    Thanks so much for sacrificing sleep so that we can learn about all these new techniques! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice result, Gina! I think I can see the pattern more clearly in the solid colour. I'm interested to see how it'll look with 2 colours, if you try it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the look of the clusters - adds some texture, for sure. I can't stay up to practice these new techniques like you - can't even focus past about 9 pm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look really neat! :)

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.