Friday, August 13, 2004

Knitting and rainbows

Sexy Knitting!

wha???? I didn't think you could get risque with knitting. LOL!

Here is a another Ice Crystal. Several members on the yahoo list of this blog have made this popular doily from Blomquist's Tatting Patterns and Designs.

I don't think I got around to renewing my 6 month subscription to Anna. That reminds me, I took an old issue to work with me because it has an edging I've been dying to make. The edging is in Tatting from Burda, a Lacis publication, but I can't quite grasp the diagram on page 25. The May 1997 issue of Anna has a diagram with numbers and letters and arrows plus a brief explanation of the sequence, so I'm hoping this will work out better. Aha! I just figured it out! There are 24 motifs spaced evenly around the linen center and this is Round A. Then Round B work over and between those original 24 motifs. I kept trying to work it back and forth and it didn't make sense to me.

OH wait til you see this next pic!



I saw this rainbow on the way to work this morning. It was overcast and getting ready to rain. See how dark it is? It didn't seem quite that dark - it was more like the second picture.



There was too much reflection off the glass of the picture frame to get a good photo but it really did turn out very nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.