Thursday, July 08, 2004

Working on Madeline again!

I took the elephant off the taupe background and started sewing her down on the white. I like it much better! Good thing I started now. I remember how appalled I was to find out I wasn't going to get it stitched down in one night for my daughter's birthday - it was more like 3-4 days. LOL! I'm considering it a practice run. This time I'm getting the beaded picots down and shaping at the same time. I think it will be better overall.



Just got this pic of my great-nephew from my sister. A laughing angel! It's so precious.

I'm missing my tatting! I was busy from the moment I got home. I'm still cleaning up from the carpet removal. My son is coming over tomorrow night and I said I would feed him.....so I don't think I'll get any painting done, but I'll probably finish removing the tacking strips and staples. The more I do, the more I see to do.

I changed the link at the side, the one for Tea's Tatting Memo. I found the more current page and linked to that. While looking at her tatting, I noticed much of it was from The Tatter's Treasure Chest, a book so many of us have. I especially liked the way she executed the Starlight doily on the very first page. I never paid any attention to it before She used some kind of variegated thread in a soft color for the outer tips. It gave it a completely different focus.

Last night I made a quick sample of one of the motif patterns I printed out yesterday - mostly to see if I could follow the pattern. It's in English and Japanese both, but the English short notation isn't too clear. It just said 10 p 10 cl, 6 (jn10) 4..............By looking at the motif, I was able to see that it meant R 10-p-10, clr, Ch 6, r 10 (from ball thread), ch 4 and so on. I have no idea what "jn" means - there are no ring joins at those spots. LOL!

I think I'm going to make some of those "snow crystals" at the back of Tatter's Treasure Chest - in some of my new Venus and Majestic threads that I've not had time to play with. I've decided my new walls need some framed tatting!

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness! That baby angel picture is so very adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.